Yesterday, The Yard at Montavilla opened to customers for the first time. The new food cart pod has space for sixteen vendors, although only a handful are currently serving customers during the first few days. Located at 8220 NE Davis Street, the food vendor collective sits on a corner lot across 82nd Ave from Vestal Elementary School.
The early days of operation are encouraging for the cart operators. A small but steady flow of customers have ventured in to see what carts are open. July 4th is set as the official first day, although not all food carts are starting at the same time. Today La Taquiza Vegana and Bobablastic were serving customers.
Staff completed all the amenities for the food cart pod ahead of this weekend. Portable restrooms and handwashing stations are set up near the trash enclosure. A large covered seating area is surrounded by standup umbrella tables, protecting the customers from the summer sun.
An ATM is on-site for those who wish to pay in cash. However, the vendors open today all accept credit card payments.
The list of carts is below, but The Yard at Montavilla website has updated information on what vendors are open this weekend. Make some time to stop by and visit with the cart operators and snag some delicious food.
- Guisados PDX – Mexican Food
- East African Cuisine
- Kings of Steak – Philly Cheese Steaks
- Bai Yok Thai Food
- Wood Fired Pizza
- Shawarma Express – Mediterranean Food
- Bobablastic – BobaTea, Poke Bowl, Hot Dog, Fries
- Scout Beverages, Inc. – Beer & Wine
- Taj Mahal Punjabi – Indian Cuisine
- La Taquiza Vegana – All Vegan Mexican Street Food
- Little Bear – Bingsu Tofu Popcorn Chx
- Esan Thai Food Cart – Thai Food
- Ricky’s Sushi – Sushi Rolls & Appetizers