Two events will attract visitors to Montavilla’s commercial corridors this Saturday evening. Winter Wassail along NE Glisan Street features festive beverages, snacks, carolers, and holiday lighting. Participating stores and restaurants between 82nd and 68th Avenues will remain open for last-minute holiday gifts and festivities. People are invited to Wassail (Go from location to location caroling and/or drinking in merriment) on Glisan from 4 to 8 p.m. this December 17th.
That same night, SE Stark Street businesses will host the Montavilla Soiree & Pub Crawl from 6 to 9 p.m. The Montavilla East Tabor Business Association (METBA) organized this winter celebration in the historic downtown to support neighborhood businesses as they enjoy the best parts of the colder months.
Drinkers, shoppers, and anyone looking for a fun Saturday night can explore the collection of holiday-themed cocktails, food specials, live music, and late-night last-minute shopping in one big evening event. No matter where you reside, some part of Montavilla will have an activity to warm your spirit on a cold night.
These are some of the participating businesses on Glisan Street:
- Futura Coffee Roasters – Truffle Parmesan Popcorn, Molasses Cookies, and Pistachio Eggnog jars (vegan options)
- Blank Slate Bar – Collaboration with Futura Coffee Roasters for a joint celebration
- Citrine Bloom
- Fressen Artisan Bakery – “Insanely delicious winter dinner and treats”
- Secret Pizza Society
- True North Studios
- East Glisan Pizza Lounge – Eggnog by the glass (boozy option) or by the flight (includes alcohol)
- Sparrow Salon – mini energy clearing sessions
These are some of the participating businesses on Stark Street:
- Beer Bunker – music with Gwen Hamilton and Travis Shoemake with Peruvian food
- Vino Veritas – Live music and holiday themed drinks with food specials, games and prizes
- Tinker Tavern – Holiday food and drink specials, cocoa bar and photo booth
- Threshold – Drink specials, music and live music
- Arbor Hall – Live music and hot buttered rum
- The Observatory and Over and Out – $5 holiday drink special
- Wink Vintage – holiday sale and collection box for Rahab’s Sisters
- Union Rose – holiday sale and collection box for Rahab’s Sisters
- Personal Beast – all night happy hour for treats
- BoneJax – open late for last minute holiday sales
- Red Shed Tree Lot – Photo booths and fire pits
Rahabs Sisters will be collecting gloves, hats, jackets, blankets, and tents. Drop off locations will be Union Rose and Wink Vintage.
Disclosure: The author if this article serves on the Montavilla/East Tabor Business Association (METBA) board. METBA sponsors some of these events.